27 January 2008

Tights?? Barbies?!

If you know me well, you might imagine my excitement at putting a tiny dress and even tinier tights on my little girl for the first time. (The pale pink tights are 10 inches from waist to toe...teehee.) I have been dressing only little boys for almost 9 years now. We are all, in our own way, getting used to having a baby girl in our home. Some of us are not so sure we are prepared for certain aspects of having a girl. The other day P, our 6-year-old, said, "I am definitely not ready for barbies to be in this house!" There is a small aversion to barbies among my older boys...luckily they won't have to worry about "barbie" showing up here for quite awhile. Our 3-year-old can often be found running around the house saying, "baby is so, so cute!" We are each thoroughly enjoying the love & fun our sweet little girl brings to our home. We sure love you sweetie!

2 comments:

J and J Haroldsen said...

Does she usually sleep sitting up like that? She must have some really strong tummy muscles already!!!! Tell C and P that I NEVER liked barbies! If they start her young you never know what they could avoid! Love and miss you guys!--Jenn

The Dillon's said...

How absolutely adorable! I know the feeling. After having John and Jim and then Amy, she never went out of the house without a bow and dressed in pink for a long time. How fun! Love, Mom D.