This afternoon I (almost...aargh) had 4 children, between the ages of 5 months & 9 years, napping at the same time.

tHe ReGuLaR NaPpErSIt was, of course, more difficult to find sleeping photos of the non-nappers.
I was just really excited to get it on record that they were all sleeping simultaneously, that is until my oldest walked down the hall from his room within a minute of putting my youngest down for a nap.
(side note: The older boys normally don't ever nap, in case you wondered. They were just gearing up for a fathers & sons outing tonight. Also, my 9-year-old hadn't been feeling too well and just wanted to rest up a bit.)
I think my 7-year-old had a very hard time with the nap idea today. Although, after checking on him a couple of times, I am convinced that 20-30 minutes of sleeping actually did occur. When my oldest did wake up (the 1st one awake) he went into the office to play a quiet computer game. So, it turns out the house was quite silent for awhile...a little over one hour.
So, I did briefly sit down to read a book and bask in the silence around me...a quite uncommon occurrence. The only problem with this quiet time was that I was having a hard time staying awake.
I do love the crazy & chaotic moments of life, because they are family reality & I know they will not last forever. I will, on the other hand, always be uplifted by the moments of s i l e n c e.
Here's to a little bit more quiet time! The car full of boys, which is equivalent to two-thirds of my family, just pulled out of the driveway...they are headed out to enjoy the aforementioned fathers & sons camping trip. I will miss them while they are gone?! ;)
5 comments:
I just got back from Father's and Son's! We were wet and muddy but we had fun.
That was actually Josh, not amy.
I loved Fathe and Sons outtings! I understand how by just one person being gone, it changes everything a little. Good for you! Happy reading.
I begged Dave to take Eddie to Fathers ans Sons with him but couldn't talk him into it. But next year I will be alone for 16 hours or so. I can't wait!
I hope you got enough reading in to last you a little while! Love the sleepy pictures!
Post a Comment