06 November 2008

A wobbly toy from back in the day...


Walk down memory lane for a moment...



Did you LOVE the Weebles Haunted House jingle as much as I did?

I thought I might need to find one of these for my kids until I realized the price tag that comes with vintage toys. For now, we will enjoy the commercial. After we watched this little ditty together my oldest said, almost with a gasp, "They used to make commercials like that?!"

Was this not the greatest childhood toy ever?! ...alongside a few other greats, of course.
Can you imagine just how cool an older brother with these toys was?





Just look at LITTLE PROFESSOR. He was so cutting edge! Dancerella could spin endlessly and lift one leg just by pumping the very large button in her tiara...that's high tech & attractive!






Just for old times sake, you might try making your own weeble from a plastic easter egg... tape a penny inside the bottom half, snap the egg back together and then use a Sharpie to draw face of choice on the front of your egg. You can bat it around and it will wobble, but it won't fall down. Who knew?

Dear internet, thank you for allowing me to relive my childhood!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I don't remember the haunted house, but I definitely remember Weebles, and I LOVED them! I was so sad when I started my search to find some for my baby and found that they don't make them anymore. I guess I'll have to try the homemade version.

Paparazzi Boutique said...

The Little Professor brings back so many memories. I loved my little professor. What a riot! Can't say I remember the weebles at all, but my kids had a weeble treehouse a few years back. Fun stuff!