03 June 2008

Something unexpected...


We recently discovered that we LOVE Tia Rosa's MegaThin tortilla chips...aahhh the tasty goodness!

We DID NOT LOVE the something unexpected we found at the very bottom of our current bag...

It was a 3-inch-long thin & very dirty leather string or shoelace. I wonder if the company who has mastered the art of tortilla chips would care to know about this most recent find. We probably should not have enjoyed this bag of chips, as a family, as much as we did. I think I am still inclined to suggest trying these chips if you haven't already done so. I just may need to summon the courage to buy another bag in the future...they are SO yummy!

This experience took me back to the day we had some lovely new fill dirt delivered to our home in Utah that we planned to use in our landscaping. A few shovels into the dirt uncovered a small handful of random things...among them, an old shoe and a stuffed bunny. I was also reminded of the lovely buffet sandwich I was about to eat on our cruise, where the food is allegedly the most excellent food in the world, until I discovered the collection of mold growing on the inside.

How do these unexpected things find their way into unwelcome places?

3 comments:

Clyde and Marty Dillon said...

Oh, sick! I wonder how you get all of those ickly experiences. Sure love and miss you all.
Love, Mom D.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how I found your blog (you know how it goes when you start clicking away!) but I just had to tell you your kids are ADORABLE! And the pictures of your baby on the sidebar, oh my goodness..I need to take a few deeps breaths because that makes me think I want one! Just perfection!

And that is pretty gross finding a shoelace in your chips...how in the world does a shoelace end up in a bag of chips? Scary!

Lori said...

UPDATE:

We made amends with Tia Rosa!

So, I did call the bakery about the mystery item & they expressed apology and said they were glad I called.

The district sales rep for this part of CO showed up at my door tonight with 2 big bags of the mega thin chips (woohoo)...funny! He also came to pick up the mystery object; apparently they plan to do some in-depth investigation. I guess I won't need to buy them for a little while now.

I have to hope that frayed & broken pieces from the conveyor belt won't be among the new chips I enjoy. He told me that last year someone found a plastic shard in their bag...part of a sieve in their bakery.

TIA ROSA PLUG: This bakery also makes Orowheat bread & Thomas bagels, both of which we purchase regularly! They do make great food. They just need to keep their equipment under control.

I think they deserve another shot at our business, don't you? Yummy stuff!