13 July 2008

Summer Days...

Whew...I guess that really was a little bit of a hiatus. I am sure you have already realized though that I am not what
you might call a consistent blogger. I guess I am trying to figure out how to live a busy life and then blog about it. We h
ave had a lively and fun summer. We enjoyed Utah for many reasons & were lucky enough to spend time with some wonderful family and friends. Thank you to our family in Utah who did so much for us while we were there. It seems that the days fly by when we are away from home.

I also seem to enjoy the uneventful days of summer when we are just at home without much of an agenda except the Twilight Series... (I realize I am a little behind the times.) I find it remarkable how much we all love these books that were written for 14 year old girls. As a new admirer, I now can only wish that I would have been with my nerdy sister Melissa when she stood by the "Welcome to Forks" sign earlier this summer for a photograph.

We are excited for the couple of family trips that are still to come this summer (Joe's Valley & the always fabulous Lagoon in Utah), although it means that we will leave CO three more times before late August. We will see how we fare with our four young kids in tow.

How is it possible that the crazy days of summer will be coming to an end so soon? I'm not quite sure I'm ready for the many days of PTO school responsibilities that are ahead, although I'm excited to support my Pear Park Pandas. I will always love summer, maybe more than any other time of the year.

Some early summer photos... & slide show to follow

She did it...she settled to sleep for a nap by sucking on her th
umb. Way to go sweetie!
E & P enjoying a ride on the last day of school....a train ride & an otter pop at the same time, are you kidding me?

C, on the end, in his first official race. After the race ended, he decided that racing may not be in his future.
Golf lessons...After P got ready that morning, with his polo shirt so carefully tucked in, he asked me if I thought he looked like a golfer. Nicely done.
A happy d
ay for miss E...we cannot help feeling this way around her.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LAGOOOOON! You- me- and hopefully some late night laugh attacks with games. Ok, respectfully we won't have that much time but I am in some desperate need of Lori time. Jim too. We need longer and more. I suppose a visit to Colorado is calling my name. Love you.

tookiecramer said...

It was fun to see you. I'm sad we didn;t get to spend more time together. I have some cute pictures of your kids I will send your way. Can't wait until Joe's Valley. Later!

Anonymous said...

When will you be back in Provo? I am here until August 1st or so. Would love to see you!!

Laura said...

It was great seeing you! And meeting baby E--she is beautiful! I wish you lived close so she and my baby M could be pals.
Sounds like you still have a lot more summer to enjoy. Hope you do.

Amy said...

Can't wait to see pictures!

Clyde and Marty Dillon said...

Lori,
We miss your family so much. Can't wait to play at Lagoon. Thanks for the birthday call. Sorry I wasn't here to talk to you. Have I told you how much I love you as a daughter-in-law? Well, I do.
Mom

J and J Haroldsen said...

love all the pics. it was great to see you guys. we always love getting you up here!!!

Kelly M said...

I love the picture of Leah And baby E the best!