26 August 2008

Best wishes for Stephanie & Christian Nielson...

I was recently made aware of a private plane crash that occurred last week in Arizona. From the Nie Recovery website, "On Saturday, August 16, 2008, Stephanie Nielson was in a plane crash with her husband, Christian Nielson, and his flight instructor, Doug Kinnear, near St. Johns, Arizona. Doug Kinnear passed away soon after arriving at the Maricopa County Hospital."

The Nielson's survived the crash and certainly have a long road to recovery ahead. Stephanie blogs at
Nie Nie Dialogues & is an inspiration to so many. She and her husband have four young children. I went to high school with Stephanie's brother and have been very touched recently by Stephanie & Christian's story. You can watch a clip about this news story here.


This post is simply an effort to help out in any small way that I can. I am a long time follower of the Design Mom Blog. Take a moment today to browse through her blog full of uplifting and inspirational ideas. This week on Thursday, Design Mom will be hosting her own silent auction & will also post a list of links to various other auctions that will be taking place throughout the blogging world that same day, all proceeds benefiting the Christian & Stephanie Nielson recovery fund. Watch for a post on my blog Thursday morning featuring a few items I will be auctioning for this great cause.