02 February 2009

Simple. Delish.

This recipe is brought to you by the ever-fabulous Rhodes frozen dough. For me, it doesn't get much better than a combination of warm bread and lemony goodness. Yesterday we tried something quite tasty that just may be too good not to share. I bring you...

Lemon Pull-Aparts
12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
zest from 2 whole lemons

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup butter, melted


Citrus Glaze
:
1 cup powdered sugar

1 tablespoon butter, melted

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice


Mix lemon zest with sugar. Cut rolls in half and place in a 12-inch sprayed deep dish pizza pan or 9x13-inch sprayed baking pan. Drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter over rolls. Sprinkle with lemon zest/sugar mixture, reserving 1/2 of mixture to sprinkle on just before baking. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise until double in size, about 1 hour. Remove wrap. Sprinkle on remaining mixture. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes. Remove immediately from pan and place on cooling rack. Combine glaze ingredients and mix well. Drizzle over pull-aparts
.

Servings 12, one serving equals: calories 210, fat6gm, cholesterol 13mg, sodium 189mg, carbohydrate 36gm, dietary bier 0, sugar 20gm, protein 3gm.


I'm thinking these might just be better than you are imagining them to be. That was our experience. They were a perfect addition to an already delicious meal. The only way our evening with friends could have been better is if the AZ Cardinals had actually pulled through in the end! Wait, did I just give the impression that I actually care about football? Although I sincerely enjoyed watching my husband and 9-year-old son's reactions to the game, lets just say I may have been there for the food and great company.


I hope you might enjoy this tasty treat as much as I did. Happy Eating!

11 comments:

Amy said...

Those definitely look like a MUST try!

Maran said...

Thanks for posting the recipe! I think you have to taste them to really understand how fabulous they are. I'm totally going to make these in the future.

Clyde and Marty Dillon said...

Hi,
We also watched the game. Fun huh? We had Grandpa Great, Aunt Net and Uncle Jerry, Uncle Rick, Grandma Great, Alycia and family, Dana and family and Amy and family here. And a family who are friends of Amy's from Boise. It was chaos but lot's of fun and especially screaming at the end of the game. Love to you all.
Mom D.

Jill said...

I love anything lemon. Thanks for the yummy recipe!

Toad said...

I'm not a huge lemon person, but this actually sounds good!! I think I'll try it. Thanks

Toad said...

I'm not a huge lemon person, but this actually sounds good!! I think I'll try it. Thanks

Toad said...

Ok-- I don't know how it published twice? Sorry

Robison Family said...

Can't wait to try those! YUMMY! Oh, by the way, I did get your message and I will for sure get that stroller part to Jill...next week is the plan. :)

Anonymous said...

Miss L. I missed the part about what temp. and for how long...also you add the glaze after they are cooked right?

I'm so excited to try!!!

Lori said...

Amos:

Thanks! Leave it to me not to notice. I'm thinkin' that means no one has tried them yet. I added the critical details.

Elggren Clan said...

Lori, I'm making these tonight for a lady in our ward who's just had surgery. They look delicious. Wish me luck :)